Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Paint H E double hockey sticks!

Please excuse the title, but that I what I have been in!  So I was thinking I would be all good to go around my house and fill in all of the holes from the pictures on the walls and touch up the paint, right?  Should be easy, right??  So I go around my ENTIRE first floor and do this, I wait for the paint to dry, and it is not looking like it is blending too well, so maybe it just needs to dry for longer, right???  Oh, NO.  I guess paint fades, which no one told me!  So now I have have these blotch marks of darker paint all over my walls, on the first floor.  So what do I have to do you ask??  I have to re-paint my whole first floor, in 4 days!  Impossible you say?  Well, I am happy, and very tired and sore to say, I did it!  All I gotta say is whoever rents this place better not complain about the paint, or else they are evicted!  I am happily going to get a full body massage tomorrow, well deserved I think.  Just a day before the movers come and I have all new stresses to worry about!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you girl!!! I do NOT enjoy painting...I would of had a meltdown :)

Rachel B. said...

That sucks! I had a similar thing happen in my bedroom when I went all around with a new gallon of paint for one wall and touch ups. I kept waiting for it to "dry", but turned out they mixed it wrong. Arghh! I can't believe you repainted the whole thing. Way to go. I told Daniel last night, but I have another (much smaller) bag of clothes to get back to you.

Ashley said...

ugh, I hate painting over holes, let alone the whole wall before you move. That's so good though, your renters will definitely appreciate it!

Hollie said...

HOLY HELL.... LITERALLY! That's so crapy that you had to paint that much. I would of been right there helping you. Sorry I have been a bad friend and haven't commented in a while. I hope your stay with Mandi was good. Happy traveling to Helena!

Alanya/Ally said...

I did that when we moved out of our house. Except mine was a slightly different paint. I used the one for the kitchen on the living room so it ended up being glossy rather than flat. Good job at painting in that short amount of time. Enjoy the message... they're totally worth it!

Tina said...

Enjoy that massage! You're right - well deserved even if you didn't repaint your house!

Annie and Justin said...

Poor Kassiah, you did it, your done and your moved, yay!!!! Post pics of you new place when you can, miss you!