Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake McConaughey

So, here we go AGAIN, now to Lake McConaughey in Nebraska.  It was my idea to get the Myers clan all together and do a family thing, but only two of the 6 other siblings could make it, but it was still really fun.  We also had our friends the Tanners come with us, but they camped in a hotel instead of the beach!  We got there and all we knew was we wanted to find a place called Sandy Beach.  So we find it at 8pm and it is dark outside already.  We figure we will just drive on down there and find a spot, easy right?  Well we get down there and start driving around in the sand, and the next thing we know, we are so stuck!  So we decided that it was a great place to put up the tents and camp, we got pulled out in the morning.  It was a fun trip and the kids had a blast playing in the white smooth sand all weekend and playing in the water! We would for sure do this one again!  

Here is our van, very stuck
Here is Daniel trying to dig us out with a camping shovel.  It made him feel useful....

David and his cousin Trevor, loved racing eachother.


Olivia, David and Trevor
I love these next two pics, Anna sticks her tongue out when she runs and I caught her in action


Our little niece Sophie
Maddie and Sebastian

On the boat, David, Max, Olivia, and Trevor


I got to drive the boat, and I loved it!  So much power!


Daniels sister Emily and her hubby Kurtis, sons Kieren and Max
My friend Annie Tanner and I

The Tanners, Justin, Annie, Caden and Ethan 
We love the Jet Ski!!!

Annie brought this little couch to the beach for Ethan to chill out on, and Anna and Caden loved to sit in it with him.  It was pretty cute.
Our little family

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow... it does look nice! I wish we new about this place when we lived there! So, Daniel who was driving? I am sure it wasn't Kassiah, she's too good of a driver (grin). I am glad you guys had a good time. The jet ski looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Hollie I was driving. We also locked our keys in the car on the day we were headed back. I suppose I should take the blame for that too. :)

The jet ski was fun - Justin managed to knock me off of it twice on some sharp turning. I wish we had a picture of that.

Daniel

Jen said...

That place looks just like a little beach at the ocean...what fun!!! You guys are too cute...I love your family picture. I am jealous that you go camping, like, every weekend it seems :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We just had a family reunion there and same thing happened to our car and van! STUCK! But it was a blast, especially catching a bunch of those huge wipers!